I'm joining another challenge for 2009: The Pub Challenge. It actually shouldn't be too challenging. I request a fair amount of ARCs, and even if I didn't, I work at a public library. Reading 9 new releases throughout the year won't be too hard. Anyway, here are the rules for the challenge:
1. Read a minimum of 9 books first published in 2009. You don’t have to buy these. Library books, unabridged audios, or ARCs are all acceptable. To qualify as being first published in 2009, it must be the first time that the book is published in your own country. For example, if a book was published in Australia, England, or Canada in 2008, and then published in the USA in 2009, it counts (if you live in the USA). Newly published trade paperbacks and mass market paperbacks do not count if there has been a hardcover/trade published before 2009. Any questions on what qualifies? Just leave a comment here, and I’ll respond with the answer.
2. No children’s/YA titles allowed, since we’re at the ‘pub.’
3. At least 5 titles must be fiction.
4. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
5. You can add your titles as you go, and they may be changed at any time.
My books for this challenge will probably all be fiction, but we'll see. I literally never know when the urge to read a good history book will strike me.
Tags: 2009 reads, challenges
Current Music: Lifehouse - Broken